We specialise in this area and we have extensive experience in wardship cases before the courts.

When a person lacks capacity or is becoming mentally incapable of managing their own affairs, an application can be made to the Courts to have the person made a Ward of Court.

If the Court is satisfied that the person does not have the mental capacity to look after their own affairs the Court will make an Order taking them into Wardship and arrange to appoint a committee for the person concerned and the Courts will liaise with the Committee regarding decisions to be made about the Ward.  


The application is usually made by one or two members of the Ward's family but in circumstances where the family cannot agree as to who ought to make the application and become the committee it is usual for the High Court to appoint the Solicitor for Wards and Minors to become the committee for the Ward.

If you need assistance or advice in this matter please contact us.

We provide services now in Portuguese language

Oferecemos agora serviços na língua Portuguesa